Spread the love
- 2 packages (10 Oz. Size) Chocolate Melting Wafers, Candy Melts, Or Almond Bark
- 6 Cannoli Shells
- 1/4 cup Powdered Sugar
- 1 Orange, Zest Only
- 2 Tablespoons Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- 15 ounces, weight Whole Milk Ricotta
- 1/3 cup Cream
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1 Tablespoon Instant Espresso Powder Chocolate Crispearls Or Mini Chocolate Chips
- Melt the chocolate wafers as instructed on the package. Pour into a tall, narrow container.
- Use tongs to dip the shells into the melted chocolate, one half at a time. Let the excess drip off, then place on a waxed paper-lined cookie sheet. Refrigerate to set.
- Meanwhile, process powdered sugar, orange zest, and cocoa in a food processor until combined. Add the ricotta and process again until smooth.
- Beat the cream with the whisk attachment until stiff peaks form. In a small bowl, stir together the vanilla and espresso powder. Add that mixture and the ricotta mixture to the whipped cream. Fold until completely combined.
- Spoon the mixture into a large piping bag fitted with a star tip, such as a Wilton 1M. Pipe the mixture on each side, from the middle out. Sprinkle with chocolate crisp pearls or mini chips. Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes before serving, up to 1 day. (They’re still edible after one day, but the chocolate filling doesn’t look as fresh.)