- 1 cup of rice
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 1 yellow bell pepper, diced
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 can tomato sauce
- 2 cups of water
- 2 tablespoons chicken broth Knorr
(Or Knorr tomato broth or both)
- 1 cup cooked black beans, drained
- 1 can Corn
- 1/3 bunch of cilantro (optional)
- Cooking oil
- Heat the oil in a pan over medium heat. Sauté onion and garlic for 1 min. Then add rice and lightly roast. (Do not let it brown, if so you are burning rice)
- Add the tomato sauce and, stirring frequently, simmer for 1-2 minutes. Then add the Water and Chicken Broth.
- Add the beans, peppers and corn and mix well to incorporate.
- After it boils for the first time, add cilantro (optional), lower the heat to low, cover and simmer for 15-25 minutes. until the water is completely absorbed and the rice is tender.
- Alternatively, you can add raw chopped cilantro as a garnish or leave it out completely.
- Sponge lightly with a fork.