The keto or ketogenic diet is one that produces in our body a process called ketosis that can be very useful at the time of burning fat and producing important metabolic changes. To achieve this, hydrates must be significantly restricted, hence a diet that requires control and limited time for its realization. Since it is not easy to implement this strategy, we left 17 recipes to carry out the keto diet.
Recipes for breakfast or snack
Since it is not possible to use cereals and derivatives or bread, fruits or starchy vegetables in the keto diet, our breakfasts and snacks will certainly change considerably.
Some recipes rich in protein and fat foods that we can make for these meals are:
- Eggs Cloud: they are ideal for a quick breakfast without more than an egg, although we can serve it with bacon as a sample recipe or with seeds, nuts, avocado or simply with chicken breast or cooked turkey.
- Spongy tortilla: it is one of the most basic and easy options for our breakfasts. We can serve it alone or, accompanied by avocado or cheese if we want to add a different flavor.
- Eggs in Serrano ham casserole: it is another egg-based alternative that allows us to solve the first meal of the day easily and with many proteins as well as satiating power.
- Baked egg avocados: ideal for protein, healthy fats and a variety of vitamins and minerals in our first meal of the day without resorting to carbohydrate-rich foods.
- Cloud bread: ideal for bread lovers who miss this food. It is easy to prepare and we can combine it with cheese, ham, avocado, olive oil or as many ingredients as the keto diet allows.
Recipes for food or dinner
To solve the main meals without using cereals and derivatives, vegetables or fruits, we will use meat, fish, cheese, and eggs in different preparations:
- Cod tortilla: very easy to make and full of protein. It includes a minimum of vegetables that will not affect ketosis but we could still remove them from the recipe if necessary.
- Eggs filled with tuna: rich in healthy fats and proteins that satisfy this recipe is ideal for a simple dinner or as an appetizer or starter from a more complete menu.
- Greek salad pan: if necessary we can avoid the tomato and onion from the recipe, although the amount of hydrates per serving is too scarce to interfere with ketosis. That dish is ideal for an easy but very satiating meal and rich in good fats.
- Light tuna quiche: for lunch or dinner this quiche is very easy to make and is very attractive to the eye as well as the palate. If we wish we can exchange the tuna for another fish without inconvenience.
- Baked chicken breasts with Morbier cheese: with many protein-satisfying and extra calcium due to the cheese recipe this dish is ideal for lunch or dinner.
- Poached eggs with gouts and prawns: for the picotee or to serve as a showy starter from a more complete menu to entertain guests this can be the ideal recipe that respects your keto diet.
- Roasted avocados with mozzarella: it is a very simple preparation that although we can use for breakfast, goes very well as a starter or for a light dinner.
- Baked salmon with nuts: a recipe full of omega 3, ideal to satisfy us at lunch or dinner due to its richness in protein and fiber.
Other recipes for our keto diet
In addition to salty dishes that are the easiest to solve with protein ingredients, it is also possible to achieve sweet recipes and others that usually carry sugar but suitable for our keto diet:
- Avocado truffles: ideal for sharing and serving as a healthy dessert. It is essential that the chocolate used is black, without added sugar or with a high degree of purity (over 70%).
- Homemade Nutella: no added sugars, no palm oil and very tasty with fats good for the body. We can use it to create chocolates with almonds and seeds or, to accompany a cloud bread.
- Panacotta al cacao: it is a recipe with defatted cocoa and no added sugar, ideal for an occasional dessert since it does not have a lot of protein and therefore is not very satiating.
- Creamy chocolate and avocado: to serve as dessert we can prepare this recipe avoiding the honey that includes the same and increasing the amount of sweetener that we use. And as we said before, it is essential to choose pure cocoa or no added sugar.
Although if you are a consumer of legumes, fruits, and vegetables you will miss these foods, here you have 17 tasty recipes ideal for carrying out the keto diet.