Good Kitchens! How are you today? On this occasion, we bring you a very original and special recipe: A banana bread or banana bread that you can prepare home on your table in just a few minutes. This banana bread comes from the United States and in 1930 it was a regular recipe in the recipes of the whole country.
- 2 cups of flour
- 1 cup of sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder CALUMET Baking Powder
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
- 2 eggs
- 3 medium-sized ripe bananas, pureed (about 1 cup)
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup of milk
- 1-1/2 packets (4 oz each) of semi-sweet chocolate BAKER’S Semi-sweet Chocolate (6 oz.), chopped into large chunks
- 1/2 cup PLANTERS Walnuts, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Mix flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt in a large bowl; set aside. Combine eggs, bananas, oil, and milk in a large bowl until well mixed. Add dry ingredients; stir until moistened. Add chocolate chunks and Castilla nuts.
- Grease a 9×5-inch bread pan and pour the mixture inside.
- Bake the bread for 55 minutes or until a toothpick is inserted into the center and it comes out clean. Allow cooling for 10 minutes. Remove from the pan; allow to cool completely on a metal grate. When serving, cut into 18 slices (1/2 inch thick). Keep the leftover bread in a well-covered container.
Follow the recipe instructions, but use 1 cup of semi-sweet BAKER’S Semi-sweet Chocolate Chunks instead of the chopped chocolate.
Make it easy for me
To make it easier to slice bread, keep it wrapped overnight and cut it when serving.