Red Velvet Cake
We teach you how to prepare a delicious red velvet cake, a very elegant dessert to celebrate with those you love most.
This cake was famous in the United States in the decades of the ’40s and ’50s, In 1989 it regained its popularity by appearing in the movie Steel Magnolias and, recently, by being a centerpiece at the weddings of celebrities and celebrities. Without a doubt, its red color combined with the layers of white meringue, make it an unforgettable detail.
For the cake it is:
- 2 1/2 cups of flour
- 1 tablespoon of salt
- 1/4 cup of cocoa
- 1 1/2 cups of sugar
- 1 1/2 cups vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup red dye
- 1 tablespoon of vanilla essence
- 1 cup of milk
- 3 tablespoons of white vinegar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons baking soda
For cream cheese bitumen:
- 2 sticks of unsalted butter
- 340 grams of cream cheese
- 4 cups of sugar glass
- 3/4 tablespoon vanilla essence
Preparation for the cake:
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Beat sugar and oil.
- Add the eggs one by one and beat well each time you put one.
- Add the red dye along with the vanilla and continue whisking.
- Gradually add flour, cocoa, milk, salt and 1 tablespoon of white vinegar. Beat well until you incorporate all the ingredients.
- In a small bowl mix the remaining vinegar with the baking soda, add to the dough and continue beating for 10 min.
- Grease with unsalted butter, two round baking pans and distribute the mixture equally.
- Bake for 30 min or until you insert a toothpick, come out clean.
- Remove the cake from the oven and allow it to cool before turning it off.
- Spread the top of one of the cakes with the cream cheese bitumen and put the other on top to cover them completely with the same bitumen.
Preparation for cream cheese bitumen:
- Beat the butter and cream cheese until fluffy.
- Add the glass sugar and vanilla to continue beating for another 5 minutes, until there is a kind of soft-paste to spread.
It is important to be generous when applying the bitumen, as this, in addition to contrasting with the red of the cake, will give you an exquisite flavor. (Discover more delicious dessert recipes)
The Red Velvet is a superdelegate dessert, which will leave your guests wanting to eat a little more.